Introduction to Long Range Shooting
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- 30 Caliber or below-Bolt or Gas firearm (338 Caliber and above only on specific targets)
- 50 rounds of ammo (minimum)
- 3200 fps max velocity
- Sub Moa rifle.
- Rear bag support & front Bipod/support
- Have the rifle sighted at 100 yards prior to class
- Scope in Mil or Moa (min 10X power)
- Adjustable elevation & windage turrets.
- Have a basic understanding of the scope/reticle along with parallax focus.
- Match grade factory/reload ammunition
- Ballistic Calculator/Data/Dope on the rifle. (Ballistic coefficient, barrel twist, Bore sight height)
- Muzzle Velocity Data if available
- Eye and Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Chamber flag
- Shooting Mat (optional)
- Fundamentals of ELR
- Aiming – align your sight with the target.
- Breath control
- Follow through
- Shooting Positions:
- Ballistic coefficient
- Reading Wind and Mirage
- Range time and qualificationto 900 Yards.
Price and Time of the Course:
- The Price of this Course is $150 for club members $200 for nonmembers 6 Hours of Training (1hr Classroom)